Friday, March 16, 2012

I didn't think that I would end up having anything to blog about so soon. I shouldn't have underestimated Ben I guess. He has been working on making me a key chain for about a week or so now. He grabbed a wrong letter from his mom's though so it has been on hold. He remembered to grab the letter yesterday so he finished it.
It says Ben (Heart) Emry if you can't read it. He also used our wedding colors around it. the key loop is even purple.  He spent ten minutes melting the end then scrapping off any burnt spots. He decided it was finally "good enough" when it really was perfect. He is so cute. He came up with the idea all on his own. It turned out great. I can't wait for someone to comment on it now so I can tell them my husband made it for me!

Speaking of things people have made for me.... Ben and I went over to his parents house a couple weeks ago when the women were working on a really cute craft. I am not very good at cutesy crafts but they convinced me I needed to do one. I painted my blocks then we didn't have the letters done yet so I had to finish it later. After a couple weeks of my blocks sitting at Cindy's she decided she would help me out and finish it for me.
  She did such a great job! I love them. Our apartment is starting to look like Im a good crafty wife thanks to people helping me out. They make me want to be better.

My opportunity to be better came this week also when I was asked to make month signs for the tables at our ward Relief Society birthday party. I was trying to work on them but just kept getting frustrated because I am terrible at coming up with cute ideas! It was slightly stressful because it's Relief Society, it had to be cute and matching. My mom brought out some paper for me and helped give me some ideas of a direction to go. She pretty much told me what I should do and I came up with the idea of using the cricut to cut out the letters.
These are the finished project. I am actually pretty pleased with myself. I think they turned out pretty good. They were super easy, the paper is the only reason they are cute, and my mom came up with the idea, so I can't really take any credit. I am still proud though.
This one was my favorite. I was biased and picked my favorite paper for my birthday month. I am supposed to make a center piece for one of the tables too. Mom also gave me the idea to make a cookie bouquet. I am excited. I haven't made one in forever, and they are really cute. I will have to post a picture after I make it. Thanks to my mom my ward relief society sisters will think I am as cutesy crafty as a Mormon girl should be.

Ben has now been working at his new job for about 2 weeks now. He gets his new work clothes soon and I will post some pictures because it sounds like he looks pretty handsome in his hardhat, earmuffs, and safety glasses driving the golf cart around work. I told him I needed to get a picture of that. Anyway, he got his first pay check this week and the amazing man bought me a new vacuum! I am so excited! We only had a vacuum thanks to his brother David and Randi giving us one. It worked pretty decent but not that great and Ben spoils me. I guess this is my present since he got a new tv. He should hope I use the vacuum as much as he uses the tv and wii!


 After the first couple pictures he started posing for me.
I am excited to use it. He actually just finished putting it all together. He even took the time to pull the stickers off and get all the sticky off. I have the most amazing husband! I am going to go try it out!

2 comments:

  1. I love your crafty- ness :)It was good seeing you when I was in Casper- can't wait until we come back and can visit again- Miss ya little cuz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep blogging--Ben gives you plenty of material.

    ReplyDelete